My mission is to provide a positive environment and knowledgeable support for developing essential writing skills.
A Comprehensive, Flexible Approach
My goal is to teach students how to:
- Overcome procrastination
- Get the creative process flowing
- Master the mechanics of writing
- Become experts at revising their own writing
- Develop a personal “toolkit” to tackle new challenges
Coaching, Not Correcting
My tutoring sessions typically include mini-lessons and guided practice to develop new skills. Specific objectives depend on each student’s individual learning style and goals.
During tutoring sessions, students benefit from learning “field-tested” writing strategies. I share tips and tricks for dealing with deadlines, rubrics, and tests. I also genuinely enjoy reading what students have to say, which creates a supportive learning environment.
All Students Can Become Writers
Based on my experience as a writing instructor, I’m convinced that it’s never too late to develop writing skills.
I’ve provided support for:
- Students who can’t even get started with assignments
- Older students who missed out, leaving some gaps in basic skills
- Students who were doing fine—until a tough assignment came along
- Students who have learning disabilities that interfere with writing
In other words, I help struggling students of all ages and backgrounds become confident writers.